Frequently Asked Questions
+-Why is subscription access to the 2020 Nacha Operating Rules content no longer available?
Premium subscription access for the online resource content rules runs from Dec. 31 thru Dec. 31 of the following year. To ensure compliance and understanding of your rights and responsibilities, all ACH Network participants should have access to the most current version of the Nacha Operating Rules & Guidelines. To purchase your 2021 Nacha Operating Rules & Guidelines Online Resource premium subscription and other products please visit the Nacha eStore
+-I have created an account for this website, but how do I access the content?
A subscription has to be claimed for all content.
- Premium Edition – requires a paid Subscription Code. Select “Claim a Subscription” or “Claim Another Subscription” and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- The Basic Version is PDF format and does not provide access to the Nacha Operating Guidelines, or any of the enhance features and functionality of the Premium Editions (Keyword/phrase search, Custom Bookmarking, Print and Copy Options, HTML5 format, or access to 2017 Rules Archives)
+-How do I use the Subscription Code I received from my purchase?
Step 1: Get started at the home page: https://www.NachaOperatingRulesOnline.org
Step 2: Create a New User Account (NOTE: If you already have an account on this site, please skip this step and jump to Step 3.)
Click on Sign Up on the home page. Under Sign Up, enter your email address, create and verify a password, enter your first and last name, then enter the characters under Word Verification.
Step 3: Claim a Subscription
After sign up, Claim Another Subscription in the black box appearing on the webpage. Enter your Subscription Code along with all the required information, then click Redeem.
Note: After redemption, you will be re-directed to the home page where you will need to LOG BACK IN to select and access the content.
+-I have successfully claimed my Subscription however, I still cannot access the content. What do I need to do next?
It’s possible your Subscription Code did not correctly apply the Subscription to your account. Please contact customer support at email@example.com and the support team will update your account to provide you access to the Rules and Guidelines online.
+-Why am I getting an invalid Subscription Code message when I try to set up my Subscription?
You have already successfully claimed your Subscription with your Subscription Code. Further attempts to use the Subscription Code are being prevented and you get an error saying the Subscription Code is invalid because the Subscription Codes are only to be used once.
For Paid Premium Subscribers, please login and go to:
Once you go to those pages, you should see the table of contents for the Rules or Guidelines.
+-When I am logged in, why do I still receive the message “Subscription Access to this content is restricted”?
It could be one of four things:
- The most common issue is that you have correctly created an account but have not completed the process of claiming a Subscription with the Code you received from your purchase. Please go to https://www.Nachaoperatingrulesonline.org/serials-form-7.843654 to begin the process. Once you have redeemed your Subscription you will be able to login and access the online content.
- You may be trying to access content you don’t have a Subscription for. Please verify which Subscription(s) you have on the home page under the ‘My 2021 Subscription’ header.
- You may be seeing a cached page. Please clear your browser's cookies and clear your browser's cache by pressing CTRL and F5 at the same time on your keyboard.
+-How do I use the Bookmark feature within the Nacha Operating Rules & Guidelines?
Bookmarks are a way to save important information when reading the Rules & Guidelines.
When viewing the Rules & Guidelines, follow the following steps to add bookmarks to your account:
Step 1: Click the green 'Add Bookmark' button above the publication.
Step 2: Enter a folder name in the empty text box and select the '+' sign to create a folder. A new folder will appear above the text box. (Folders are used to keep related content organized. You can create a single folder or you can create multiple folders depending on your needs.)
Step 3: Select the folder you just created (or one of the existing folders, if applicable). The section will be saved within the folder and added to your bookmarks.
IMPORTANT: If you would like to see your existing bookmarks, make sure you are logged in and select 'Bookmarks' in the main menu.
Google Chrome (Recommended Browser)
Supported: 3 most current versions
Chrome uses a built in PDF Reader that is not Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. Follow the steps below to turn off the built in Reader and switch to Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.
- Install Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat if it is not already installed
- Open Google Chrome
- In the address bar, type …
- that's the word about a colon (:), then plugins
- The Plug-ins Tab will open
- Scroll down until you see either Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
- Click the Enable link
- Close the Plug-ins tab and restart Chrome.
Enable Cookies: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/chrome
Safari (Mac Only)
Supported: 3 most current versions
Mac's come with a PDF viewer called Preview. If you wish to use Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat you may have to adjust settings to get the PDF to view correctly in browser.
Run and Fix Adobe Reader for Safari
- Download Adobe Reader.
- Tested with Adobe Reader 10.1
- Get it free here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- If you already have it, you should be able to move on to step 3
- After installing Adobe, Run it
- Make sure Safari is closed
- Go to "Mac HD" > Library > Internet Plug-Ins
- Move AdobePDFViewer.plugin to trash
- You will need to have admin access to do this
- Open the site again in Safari.
Enable Cookies: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/safari
Supported: 3 most current versions
Note: Microsoft Edge replaces Internet Explorer as the default browser that ships with Microsoft Windows.
Enable Cookies: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/edge
Internet Explorer Users
Supported (but not recommended): Internet Explorer 11 (IE11)
Not Supported: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), 9 (IE9) & 10 (IE10)
Note: As of January 26, 2016 Microsoft is only offering technical support and security updates to the most current version of IE for a supported operating system. Learn more at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/end-of-ie-support,
Most current versions and where to download them
http://browsehappy.com/ does a good job of listing the latest versions available for each web browser.
Why should I update my browser?
Newer browsers protect you better against scams, viruses, trojans, phishing and other threats. They also fix security holes in your current browser!
Every new browser generation improves speed
Websites using new technology will be displayed more correctly
Comfort & better experience
With new features, extensions and better customisability, you will have a more comfortable web-experience
If you have any technical questions about the site, please use the contact form below.
Support is available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central, excluding major US holidays. All support requests are handled within 1 business day, during standard business hours.
If you know your subscription code please provide it in the field below.